Heritage Capital Research (HCR) is an independent, privately owned, investment research firm located in the Denver area. HCR services the needs of both financial advisors and individual investors.
For Financial Advisors
- Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO) Services
- Customized, White-Labeled Portfolio Solutions
- Robust Platform of Portfolio Solutions
- Back Office Technology
- Customized Portfolio Design
- Multi-Methodology, Multi-Strategy, Multi-Manager Portfolio Solutions
- Risk Managed Portfolio Solutions
Our investment management philosophy is based on three overriding principles:
- Manage Risk - Every Single Day: While there are never any guarantees in investing, we believe risk management plays a critical role in long-term investment success. Ourgoal is to keep portfolios in-tune with the overarching risk/reward environment of markets at all times. We strongly believe that strategies designed to reduce exposure to market risk during severe declines should be part of every investor’s portfolio.
- Focus on the Leaders: Heritage believes in focusing on market leadership in terms of asset class and regional allocation and stock selection.
- Remain Flexible: Finally, Heritage recognizes that times change, markets change, and investment opportunities change. Thus, we believe that a flexible management style with the ability adapt to changing environments is vital in today's fast-paced market environment.
David D. Moenning | President, Chief Market Strategist
David Moenning began his investment career in 1980 and has been an independent money manager since 1987. Dave became a partner in a private money management firm in 1986 and in 1989 founded his own firm, Heritage Capital Management, which emphasized a risk managed approach to the markets. Most recently, Dave was Chief Investment Officer for an RIA firm responsible for $1.3 billion.
Dave graduated Northern Illinois University, where he was a scholarship track athlete, in 1980 with degrees in Computer Science and Economics.
Dave is Past President and Chairman of the National Association of Active Investment Managers (NAAIM), an organization dedicated to active management strategies. Dave served as President during the 2013 fiscal year and Vice President/Agenda chair during the 2012 fiscal year.
Dave is also a sought-after author on the markets. His "State of the Markets" blog, which began in the late 1990’s, has blossomed into an award-winning daily market report focusing on the key drivers to both short- and long-term market movements. Dave’s writing has been featured on USA Today, State of the Markets, Seeking Alpha, Benzinga, MarketWatch, TraderPlanet, iStockAnalyst, Zacks, StreetInsider, TheStreet, InsideFutures, MarketFN, and many other media outlets.
Dave resides with his wife Catherine of 37 years and their 3 dogs in Evergreen, Colorado. Dave and Cathy have 3 adult children: Amy, Don, and Samantha. Dave enjoys hiking, biking, and is an avid (some might say, obsessed) skier.
We invite you to review our services, our approach to the markets, and our portfolio management programs. And since we pride ourselves on personal service, if we can ever be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 303.670.9761.